Daily 5 and CAFE Quick Start: Prepare and Launch
Instruction will be by Allison Behne and Gail Boushey. There will be one live Q&A session with Allison Behne and Jessica Hellberg. (also available to participants for viewing later) We're excited to share two new tools for guiding your practice!
ACCESS THE SEMINAR AND DOWNLOAD LAUNCH TOOLS STARTING JULY 21.
The last date for beginning this mini seminar is September 21, 2017.
This two-module seminar supports teachers preparing to launch Daily 5 and CAFE simultaneously in the literacy classroom. Learn how to create a classroom environment conducive to success with both frameworks and how to apply the 10 Steps to Teaching and Learning Independence when teaching the classroom behaviors associated with Daily 5.
You will receive guidance and tools for launching the frameworks so that you are ready to start on the first day of school or whenever you want to begin.
- Organize a daily schedule incorporating Daily 5/CAFE after a brief refresher on both frameworks.
- Identify the essential elements of launch preparations and explore resources in the areas most relevant to your experience level.
- Discuss ideas and gain tips for materials, storage, and classroom design.
- Apply the 10 Steps to Teaching and Learning Independence as a classroom behavior teaching tool for launching Read to Self, the first Daily 5 task.
- Learn how to use the document titled “Launch Daily 5 and CAFE Routines in 15 Days” as a guide for a successful launch.
We offer opportunities for leveraging seminar content to maximize your learning.
Collaborate with teachers from around the world through your seminar’s online discussion board.
Receive answers to your individual questions from Allison Behne and Jessica Hellberg via discussion board and one live Q&A session.
Complete payment by credit card, we're not accepting Purchase Orders for this event.